Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Moving Forward . . . Time to Purge the Baby Gear

Onesie: Time to Purge the Baby Gear ~ TheQuirkyConfessions.com
I always thought I wanted three kids. Being a parent for the past three years has led me, or maybe I should say my kids, to accumulate lots of "stuff". Stuff they outgrow in what sometimes seems like the blink of an eye. I've got high chairs, infant car seats, bouncy seats, an exersaucer, a swing and a floor gym. On top of the bags of clothes, baby toys and other random knick-knacks. I have kept this "stuff" in great condition, as I myself learned at an early age to take care of my belongings. Though these things aren't exactly mine, my husband and I would be the ones to replace them. As the saying goes, "Money doesn't grow on trees".


High Chair: Time to Purge the Baby Gear ~ TheQuirkyConfessions.com
As my kids began to outgrow things, I'd clean them, bag them, and bring them downstairs to a spare bedroom where I'd nicely stack them. I've had everything stored for safe keeping. All ready for the next little bundle of joy. . . Well, I'm three years in now, and I look like a hoarder. If the TLC network caught a glimpse of this "spare bedroom", they may actually consider me for an episode of Hoarders Buried Alive. Then again, maybe not, since it's only one room, but still, it's just too much "stuff".


For Sale: Time to Purge the Baby Gear ~ TheQuirkyConfessions.com
I made the decision this week that I am 100% (ok, maybe 99.9%) sure that I am very happy and content with the two girls that I have. I walked into the hoarding room, I mean spare bedroom, and glanced at everything. With a tad bit of hesitation I wrote up an ad and posted it. "For sale" blah blah blah "Everything must go." I got several responses... "What!? You're not going to go for a boy?" The answer is - No, we're not.  

To be completely honest, pregnancy and I don't agree. When I was pregnant, I felt great. . . physically. Most times I was able to fake that so called "pregnancy glow", but deep down I was far from great. I was a train wreck. Before having my girls, I had a handful of unsuccessful pregnancies resulting in miscarriage. Those were tough times, but we got through them. I believe everything happens for a reason. I also believe that being a parent is a privilege, and that my husband and I have been very lucky to have two wonderful, happy and healthy little girls. I feel complete. 


Baby Blocks: Time to Purge the Baby Gear ~ TheQuirkyConfessions.com
Part of me is sad to let go of all these belongings that hold such great memories. . . The car seat that both my kids rode home from the hospital in. . . the exersaucer that brought them both such joy. I could go on all day, so I'll stop there. Maybe you're a parent and catch my drift, or maybe you will be and you'll soon understand. I'm ready to let go now. I'm ready for new "stuff", and new memories, and maybe I can even get my spare bedroom back for a few months.

Vote for Us! TopMommyBlogs.comIf you've enjoyed the blog
please take a second to vote for us.
<< Click to vote every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment