Thursday, February 7, 2013

Screeching Sisters . . . Just Another Day at the Play Place



The Quirky Confessions - The Quirky MomThis week I brought my kids to the play place at a local mall. I often find doing this on my own can be stressful given their ages, 2 1/2 and 1. I don't know what I fear more the temper tantrums when it's time to leave, or the fact that these places can get crowded and I'll lose track of them.

We got there early and spent about an hour. When it was time to leave, there were well over 30 kids and all of their parents/caretakers. It was total chaos. I will say this, and I don't say it often . . . I am glad to have a climber. Charlotte, my 1 year old, climbed a set of stairs, and managed her way up a ramp to what they call "The Tree house". It’s basically a large area looking down at everything going on below. At first, I was nervous about her going up there, she’s just learning to climb stairs, but it quickly dawned on me that if she's up there I don't have to worry about chasing after her down below. So, that's where she stayed the entire time.
Tree House - The Quirky Confessions

Lanie, my older daughter, quickly made friends and was running around jumping from structure to structure like a total mad woman. She was having fun. Then, out of nowhere, Lanie let out this high pitched squeal. An ear piercing, horror movie, off the Richter scale screech that you couldn't even imagine could come out of someone so small, or anyone for that matter. People covered their ears as I quickly went over and told her to stop. The woman next to me was stunned and said "I really think that was the loudest scream I have ever heard." My response, "I know, it's awful."

Just as the embarrassment wore off there was another squeal, except louder. This time it was Charlotte, from the tree house. It was as if she was in some sort of competition with her sister about who's got louder pipes. I was mortified, and quickly ran up to the tree house to attempt to make her stop. As I'm rushing away I hear that same woman say "No, I take it back. That was the loudest scream I have ever heard."
Richter Scale - The Quirky Confessions
Within seconds I'd say 75% of the kids there were screaming at the top of their lungs, and my kids were clearly to blame. I think Lanie and Charlotte may have gotten their first label that day, "The Screeching Sisters". We left after that.

I am planning on going back next week and I'm hoping that I don't see any familiar faces. And, if I do, maybe they'll forget me. But, I doubt it.

                                      Signed,

                                      A Mom with a Headache


Vote for Us! TopMommyBlogs.comIf you've enjoyed my blog
please take a second to vote for us.


<< Just click this icon to register your vote! You can
            vote once every 24 hours too! THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment